REFLECTION ON EXPERIENCES AS A MATHEMATICS TEACHER DURING INTERNSHIP

                      As a part of B.Ed curriculum I have done my school internship training on 23rd July 2019 and concluded on 31st October 2019 at Guardian Angels Public school, Manjummel. My subject is Mathematics. So I took Mathematics for standards VIII and IX. There were around 30 students in the classrooms. It was challenging to manage everyone in the classrooms. Ms Tintu Antony was my mentor and she guide me in all my needs.
                        Obviously the teachers were very friendly with me , because I was their old student. And also the new teachers were very attached to me. They were never consider me as a trainee and always saw me as one of them. So I had a good deal of freedom among them. Since it was a CBSE  school,there were no trainees other than me. So the students here saw me as a new teacher. The students have all been very corporate to me. I only got to spend a little time with them.
                        During the period I had to complete 2 chapters for both standards and I used various teaching methods such as individual observation , ICT , group discussion and group activity, demonstration ,etc for the teaching purpose. My lesson plans were helped me to take the class more fluently . The students were actively participated in the classrooms activities.
                      I conducted some exams after completing each chapters in order to measure their understanding. I also took physical education classes , value education classes, classes of LACclasses on cultural heritage and traditional Indian art forms in the school. My value education classes were based on the values such as honesty and kindness. I taught the students through activities and video presentation. 
                            The classes were designed by providing more priority to activities. I also conducted a case study and action research by examine the students of my class during my school internship as a part of my curriculum.
During our internship days there were many activities happening in the school. Even though the first few days were a bit difficult for us with managing the class,teaching,time management etc. we were able to make it comfortable and better as days went by. We were arranged a science exhibition named as ‘ANGELICA SCI FAIR’ , it was an interesting section with my students. We celebrated the Indian independence day at school during the internship period. Celebrating onam at the school during the internship gave us a different experience as that was the first experience as a teacher during a celebration.
                          The three months of school internship was a wonderful experience for me because it was helped me to understand my potential and my own teaching abilities. I acquired many qualities of a good teacher. Now I am aware about different teaching methods that could be adopted in the class. And now I know how to handle a class and manage students. 
                           School internship was a memorable experience for me because I could interact with the students and I have built a good relationship with the students. So I think it will be useful for my future life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog